East Kirkby Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre in Bomber Command Country
The authentic restoration of the original World War II airfield at East Kirkby by the Panton Family and their dedicated team of aviation enthusiasts; living tribute to Pilot Officer Christopher Panton.
is the home of 'Just Jane' Lancaster NX 611. Her four merlin engines regularly burst into life as she is taxied onto the runway on special occasions.
The Control Tower
- the airfield's communication centre.
The Escape Museum
- a testimony to incredible survival stories of the RAF.
- a reconstruction of a "street at war."
A Place of Peace
- the airfield's chapel dedicated to all the aircrew of 57 and 630 Squadrons who served at East Kirkby.
- enjoy a cup of 'char' and a 'wad.'
East Kirkby near Spilsby in Lincolnshire PE23 4DE
Tel: 01 790 763 207